Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Countdown Continues

Day 6: Read The Nutcracker while drinking cocoa and eating candy canes

Yesterday brought us a fun play date with  friends we have played with before. I also attempted Christmas pictures. What a mess that was. Two 2 year olds and 2 babies weeks apart that can crawl. Not such a successful day. We managed to scrape by one very adorable photo of Miss Kayla.
Photobucket

I will be attempting the kids pictures for the third time today or tomorrow.

We had fun though. It was nice visiting and Eli loved having  Kayla to play.

Last night we drank hot cocoa, ate candy canes, and read The Nutcracker.
Photobucket

This use to be a favorite of mine. My grandma Jenny use to take me to the ballet. She also purchased this book for me as a kid and I am glad I have kept it for my kids. While Anthony and I were engaged he took me to the ballet here. I can't wait until the kids are a little older to take them.

Eli enjoyed his candy cane and made a mess. He also enjoyed the story. I of course had a grand time making up voices for the characters and reading to them. Lilliana just wanted to rip the pages. She will get past that at one point I hope. PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

1 comment:

  1. Our oldest granddaughter is dancing in an Irish dance Nutcracker the same weekend we have all of our 5 grandsons from Ohio while their parents are on a cruise with other home schoolers. I so enjoy your postings, Alexis. Keep this up if even just for your children's sake. You are a wise woman. <3

    ReplyDelete