Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Finding Balance

Its February!! So much is happening this month! It is the LOVE month. We get to celebrate LOVE more this month than the average as it is our anniversary month also Lilliana was born in Febraury and we will find out the gender of our third baby. It is exciting. We also woke up to wonderful weather today which makes it feel like spring!

I am really struggling to find balance lately. Our schedules have been all messed up with Anthony home then out of town. The kids and I are struggling to get back in the groove. Thankfully it seems to be getting easier. It is getting easier just as pregnancy is kicking me in the butt. I am losing energy fast and struggling to do simple tasks of bending over all day long to pick up toys. It seems early for such things to be occuring....more to come on that later. Suffice to say somethings have had to be sacrificed lately. This has included blogging, picture taking, and general creative outlets. I am not complaining. I am tired so some things just have needed to not be there. The other thing is Eli has been a bit well crazy the past couple weeks. People are not kidding when they say watch out for the age 3! Needless to say he is exhausting. Thankfully he seems to be doing better and yesterday for the most part was has been today so far.

Last friday I had my 17and a 1/2 week appointment. It had been four weeks since my last appointment. My uterus had measured normal the last appointment. I knew my stomach had gotten bigger. I felt huge, but I think being pregnant you always feel that way. My blood pressure was great which was good news. I laid down so my midwife could check my uterus measurement and listen to baby's hearbeat. She is feeling way above my belly button. I asked her if it was my uterus she said yes. An average normal pregnancy the uterus measures at the belly button at 20 weeks the halfway mark. There can be some difference but that is average. I have always been average with both kids. With Eli I was spot on every time. With Lilliana I measured around two weeks ahead but she was 2 weeks early so it made sense. This time I had grown a lot. Not a normal amount. I went from between my pubic bone and belly button to 3 fingers above my belly button measuring around 22-24 weeks instead of the 17/18 weeks that I was. So we discusess some options and decided to schedule an ultra sound as soon as possible instead of a month away. It is more to see what is going on and see if my date is off, maybe more than one, or everything is just normal. We will see. Our ultra sound is scheduled for tomorrow so more to come tomorrow regarding this.  We might get to find out the gender too at this appointment. We will see. I will be updating.

Friday also brought another surprise as my sister and brother in law Holli and Jake welcomed their first little girl into the world. Berkeley Ryann was born in the late afternoon. Thankfully her labor was very unenventful. Berkely was healthy and doing well. She was a couple weeks early but that is all. I talked to my sister last night and she is doing well. I know Berkeley was a huge answer to prayer for them. We are thrilled for them. I unfortunately won't be able to get my hands on this little girl until possibly this Christmas. Until then pictures are just going to have to work. It is one of the downfalls from living across the country from family. Friday was an exciting day for us!

I have taken a lot of pictures but going through them they have been junk to me. They have been of nothing in particular and I think that has been why. I did begin taking pictures of the kids a few days ago. I should say I have been taking pictures of Lilliana. Eli is still in his please don't take pictures of me mood.
Photobucket

The horses and Legos have been the toys of the week. Eli gets so intense when he "rides" his horse.
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Miss Lilliana has been beyond happy and expressive. She has many faces lately.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

She loves to throw her head back and laugh hysterically.
Photobucket
Notice all those teeth. All her molars have finally popped through. I see an end in site for teeth! Thank goodness.

Her other favorite game is Peek-A-Boo. She uses clothes, blankets, chairs etc to play.
Photobucket
Yes she is doing the splits.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


She is just silly. Her and Eli spend a lot of time in his room playing. We were playing blocks yesterday and I put some glasses on her. She surprisingly was ok with it and left them on.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Eli was taking pictures too. Lilliana would look at him when he asked. It was pretty cute.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

His last request was for me to take a picture of his fish. If you throw it on things it sticks. He loves it. He really wanted me to take a picture of it. I have no idea why but he did.
Photobucket

Sunday I went and took some engagement photos. I no longer will be posting my business photos on this blog as I have launched a blog for my business. You can find it here. I am also giving away a free photo session this month for local clients. You won't want to miss it so go over and read the details. Enagement photos will also be added from this weekends session within the week.

It has been a busy and exciting week since my last post. A lot has happened and hopefully through it all I am finding balance. Tomorrow will answer a lot of questions and we will get to see our baby for the first time. It will be an exciting day. Stay tune for the details tomorrow! Have a wonderful rest of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment