Sunday, June 17, 2012

My Dad

Growing up I think my Dad and I had more disagreements than agreements. There was always a "love hate relationship." He stepped in to fill a role that I needed but was not always willing to accept. He may have been my "step" dad but after a bit I realized he was more than that and from then I have just considered him my Dad. I am stubborn and opinionated. He is stubborn too just not as opinionated as I am I don't think or does not display it. It meant for many times of butting heads.

Looking back though it taught me a lot. I may not have always agreed with him but after having my own kids I realize he was just trying to protect me. For that I will always be grateful and will love him. Regardless of the ups and downs we have had even into my adulthood I am so grateful for him. I am grateful he took the time to love me and my sister and my kids even though we are not "blood." He took on a hard role and that makes him a wonderful Father.

My Dad is an amazing machinist. I am so proud of the fact he has been able to open his own business and be sucessful even while losing an eye. He was was in a freak waterski accident and lost one eye due to it. I remember going home and wondering about the uncertainty of all my parents had built in the business after his accident. He has recoverd well and I don't think you would ever know he only sees half of what everybody else sees. He has done a great many things. If there were one thing my dad is amazing it it would be perfection and precision. He measures everything exactly and has taught all of us the art of measuring twice cutting once. Probably my fondest memories were spent at the river wakeboarding, tubing, waterskiing, and enjoying family. We did this almost every weekend. I love my Dad and am so grateful for him!






Untitled

 

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment