Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years later.......

It is hard to believe it has been ten years since the day our country was attacked. I still remember my mom pulling into school and her cell phone ringing. It was my dad telling us to turn on the radio. My mom in shock, she told us what happened and we were dropped off for school. I remember telling my teacher that I bet it leads to war. She did not think the world was ready for war.  All day we watched coverage and had such a hard time concentrating on our work.

 Our lives have forever been changed from that tragic day some more than others. Every time I get on an airplane I am reminded of what terrible things man is capable of. It still amazes me that men could turn an airplane into a bomb. It amazes me they had the nerve to do it knowing they would die themselves as many innocent people were with them. It amazes me that two huge buildings fell like nothing. Many things about that day just amaze me. I find it incredible that the passengers brought down a plane in Pennsylvania to save others.  I still cry every time I see any coverage on the TV about it. It brings many tears to my eyes. It was horrific and I don't think I will ever not cry at the thought of that day and days after of cleanup.

Through it all we have come together as the great nation that we are. I will always be grateful to President Bush for the stand he took against those that did this to our country. He took a lot of necessary steps to keep us safe. Some may not have agreed with him but I felt safe while he was President. I am proud of this country and no matter what will always think we live in the greatest country in the world! Many thanks are given those that died that day, for those that have fought for our freedom and served this country, and those lives who have been impacted form losing a loved one from that fateful day and the wars since. They are true heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment