I spent much of December sewing and dealing with "life" projects. It was an interesting December for us. I did not want to be stressed. I usually do a lot of things with the kids. Unfortunately we started with some things that basically got us out of the habit. We did focus a lot on Advent this year instead. I read a wonderful Advent book for myself and we really focused on what Christmas means to us. It was a good quiet year for that. The kids also really focused on Advent with our calender. They are still asking that we read the next box 4 days after Christmas.
We of course begin the season with decorating.
This of course meant children touching all the time. Finally I let them have one night of touching hoping it would stop the need. It did help.


We spent many days playing board games and I spent many meals eating grapefruit. Who doesn't love December when all the citrus is in season?!?
While the kids enjoyed their advent calendar, they also really got into the Santa thing. We have not really emphasized Santa as much as Jesus, but they have made up their own things and really get into it. This year once again we visited the wonderful couple that does Santa and Mrs. Clause. They really are the best!!
We have never been to a Christmas Eve church service. Usually Anthony is working, or we are visiting family. This year we had no family in town and Anthony was home early. We went to the Christmas Eve service and it was beautiful. It was the perfect thing to begin our Christmas Eve celebrations with the kids. They loved the candlelight part. It probably was my favorite service all year.
We came home and enjoyed a quick meal. Then the annual gifts of pjs and books were opened. I have to say this has been the best year so far for the children's excitement. It is pure magic watching their eyes and listening to them talk about Christmas. I think it is more fun than being a child.
Christmas morning they woke up actually later than they normally do. I was fine with that. It meant some nice light for pictures towards the end of opening.....
We had a wonderful and blessed Christmas. I loved watching the magic come alive for my children. It made my heart melt. Many moments Christmas Eve and Christmas when I was homesick for my family and wanted to cry, their joy brought me smiles. They really made it magical.





































No comments:
Post a Comment