When your day starts out with babies having slept through the night, you know it is going to be a good day. While they both sleep great and I usually only get up once to feed one or the other rarely both in a night, having to not get up at all is amazing! Consequently I was able to pump nine ounces after they both ate even. Normally I wouldn't document this, but through the years I have learned how amazing breast milk really is. We were grateful and so blessed to be able to use donor milk for a day with Daphne in the NICU. If I have the choice of high fructose corn syrup or breastmilk that seems a no brainer to me. I realize formula has it's place at times, but hopefully I am changing that along with many other women and giving other options. Once again, this is not to shame anybody that uses formula, it is just to bring awareness to other options. If I can help just one mother breastfeed as long as she wants it is a wonderful thing for not only her baby but also for her. Anthony and I discussed me possibly pumping enough to donate back to the NICU. Unfortunately the way it works is you have to commit to a certain amount. It was a high amount. I wasn't willing to do that. Instead I have been pumping what I could and been able to bless new mothers that just needed a little extra or have not responded to the pump. So far I have been able to at different times feed 5 other babies. Along the way I have been able to give them love, support, and somebody that gets it. Being a new mom plus breastfeeding even if you have done it before is hard. It is hard when Drs. and hospitals are obsessed with numbers and won't just let a mom and baby do their job those first two weeks. I am so thankful for our children's Dr. she was very helpful and did not even mention formula. She always wanted me to pump and supplement with that first. So here I have the beginning of another amount of milk to be given if needed.
By the time breakfast was done our late sleeper Annalise was awake. I went up to the older kids cuddling her. As soon as she saw me she started fussing because she wanted to eat, hence her crazed look.
This chair may be leaving our house soon as Daphne has begun pulling up almost to a seated position. When Eli did this with his we packed it away very quickly after that.
After a morning nap greetings....
Then we hurried and got ready and headed to a new splash park with friends.
We had a blast. Unfortunately somehow the babies faces got sunburned. I feel terrible. We were under canopies in shade the entire time. I still am not sure how it happened. Annalise didn't even see sun and still has a burned face. It is weird. I got sunburned, but I knew I was in the sun and didn't put sunblock on. The babies were not. So if you see my girls I promise I was careful. In case you can't tell I have a lot of guilt about this one. Either way we finished out our evening with hide and seek with dad and watching the Olympics. It was a wonderful day.
To see Shannon's 10 on 10 for August please follow the link http://shannondoherty8.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-10-on-10.html
To see Shannon's 10 on 10 for August please follow the link http://shannondoherty8.blogspot.com/2016/08/august-10-on-10.html










Alexis I give you so much credit for being able to keep up with 5 kids! I'm about to have 3 and I find myself starting to panic a little LOL! I've breast fed both my girls for a full year and plan to do the same with my third. It is definitely a commitment but well worth it! Great photos and I'll have to say my favorite is Daphne in her little chair;)❤
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete