Monday, January 31, 2011

Nesting Nesting Nesting

I am in the nesting mode lately! Last night we cleaned the carpets. Our carpets are terrible. It is one of those things we need to replace but are not touching until other projects are done so we do not ruin new carpet or hard wood floors. All of my obssessive carpet cleaning has paid off and they look a lot better than they did when we moved in. I also have been scrubbing walls and random appliances. I never had this with Eli so I am guessing its a good sign.

Today I was supposed to have maternity pictures done. I was very excited but a little bummed Anthony would not be able to join us for them. Well my midwife delivered 3 babies this weekend so she was tired and rescheduled for Friday which works out sooo well since its Anthony's day off!! God is good! I was very excited about that. Also the fact that Eli is getting braver and braver in the big boy bed and keeping me up. Last night he tried sleeping with us! Not going to happen! I was up a lot getting him back to bed so I feel like a walking zombie today so it all worked out great.

I have many goals this week.......

~Pack my bag for the birthing center
~Dust the house
~put the car seat in
~get all the baby gear downstairs and put my doll in it so Eli can start realizing he is not to touch things
~do some gender neutral laundry
~make lasagna to eat after having the baby

I am noticing all my goals pertain to baby so yet more nesting kicking in! Reality is coming and I can't wait to meet our 2nd child. I am getting excited for Labor...yes I am weird I know! Maybe it is the education and information I have received through my midwives. I think probably it is so tomorrows topic I think will be on the not so "normal" birth but the gentle way of birthing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying your pregnancy and getting a lot done too! How exciting for you and Anthony!

    ReplyDelete