Today is Thursday so we are once again Embracing the Camera with Emily over at The Anderson Crew.
The past two posts have been about Eli and Ari so I thought I would dedicate this one to Lilliana. She is talking up a storm and yesterday peed on the potty for the first time on her own!! She has a bad diaper rash from being sick. I was letting her run naked and let her eat dinner diaper less to air out. As I was cleaning up dishes and she was still eating she started whining and saying, "pee." I had forgotten she had no diaper so I ran over and said, "Oh you peed? I am sorry! Let's get you cleaned up." She promptly in bossy Lilliana fashion said, "NO!" So I picked her up and sure enough she had not. She kept grabbing herself and saying, "pee." So I asked her if she wanted to sit on her potty. She said yes. Which if you know her she is not one to say yes unless she means it. NO is her favorite word. So I told her to go in and go. I was back and forth washing her hands and she was sitting there. Anthony called and I was in the bathroom talking to him. She is grabbing my hand saying, "help." So I look and sure enough she had peed in her potty! Only 19 months old and she is trying. We will see where this goes. I was planning to wait a couple months.
I also have created another candy fiend. The kids got a lot of candy from the parade last week. There were Dots in the candy. I gave her one dot and told her what it was. Now, she grabs my hand and says, "help." Then she drags me to the kitchen and says, "Dots!" She is just expanding her vocabulary day by day, but watch out she is sassy and bossy all in one!!
Four months ago I worried I would end up with a tomboy for a girl. While there really is nothing wrong with that, I was hoping to have a girl that loved girl things. She loves playing with Eli and loves all boy things. With the arrival of Ari though things began to change. She of course began to carry her babies and play with them. The latest has been her obsession with my makeup. I don't wear makeup ever day. At this point I am lucky to get a shower everyday.
I also have created another candy fiend. The kids got a lot of candy from the parade last week. There were Dots in the candy. I gave her one dot and told her what it was. Now, she grabs my hand and says, "help." Then she drags me to the kitchen and says, "Dots!" She is just expanding her vocabulary day by day, but watch out she is sassy and bossy all in one!!
Four months ago I worried I would end up with a tomboy for a girl. While there really is nothing wrong with that, I was hoping to have a girl that loved girl things. She loves playing with Eli and loves all boy things. With the arrival of Ari though things began to change. She of course began to carry her babies and play with them. The latest has been her obsession with my makeup. I don't wear makeup ever day. At this point I am lucky to get a shower everyday.
Everyday Lilliana gets up asks for milk and runs to the bathroom before I can get there and tries to get into my basket of makeup. She then plays until I find her. Mind you I have two other kids trying to get them what they need. Well I decided today I would just let her play. I have found if I just let the kids do what they are not supposed to like play in dog water their fascination ends. So I sat her in her room and gave her some lipstick and my brushes and let her play. I showed her different things but she was determined to do it on her own. She was sooo serious about it and so surprised when the lipstick made color on her face. It was adorable and I can't wait for many more memories like this with her.
I tried to take one of just her and I. She did not cooperate well but it is something! Please excuse the lack of makeup,the need for eyebrow tweezing, bags under eyes, zits, and just plain tired mom look. It has been a long week with all 3 by myself and two being sick all week. Anthony has been out of town so I have had a week. Thankfully we have survived and actually accomplished something but I look worse for the wear for it.
Daddy is Embracing the Camera with her this week too. They are taking pictures of Ari as I was too and I had to capture this moment.






No comments:
Post a Comment