Tuesday, February 10, 2015

10 on 10 Febuary 2015

We made it yesterday with our 10 on 10. I think we missed pictures from lunch until after dinner, but that is ok. 

Breakfast. I have a love hate relationship with breakfast. I love it because I usually enjoy bacon and coffee with cream.


DSC_0157

The problem is I have a Hobbit for a son. It frequently takes me feeding him several actual breakfast in an hour time to fill him up. For instance he usually has fruit, oatmeal or chex, then bacon and eggs. Somedays he may have toast too. 


DSC_0146

Then we had school. Math time is a favorite time for Eli. He has been doing story problems the past couple of days and is now adding equations. 


DSC_0173

During school I caught Lilliana "teaching" her "Little Sister." She has named her doll her little sister. She thinks if she does it enough she will get an actual little sister. She even colors and draws things for her "Little Sister" at church. Anthony and I laugh every Sunday about that.  Oh and this girl has a mind of her own dressing herself lately. Every day outfits look similar to this. 




DSC_0165

Ari played Play-Doh all morning. 




DSC_0170

Lunch, Nap, Meltdowns, Dinner........

Then we spent time playing board games and blocks. 




DSC_0183 DSC_0184

Lilliana is very good at Memory. She beats me probably 90% of the time and is actually better at it than Eli most times. She loves to play. We have been playing and working on her number recognition. 

Lilliana and I made some custard for their snack. It was very quiet. Lilliana kept wanting to know where the boys were. So finally we went upstairs to find Anthony and Eli playing Connect 4 and Ari doing this. 


DSC_0188DSC_0189

Finally it was bed time. I had to finally get a picture of Lilliana and this coat. She loves the satin feel of anything. As a baby she kept taking a blanket Eli had for "the softness." This continued for a long time and eventually caused fights. She also had this coat she would wear. It was time to pass it on though to her cousin as she outgrew it. She kept sneaking it though and using it to sleep with because we had taken Eli's blanket back. So now she sleeps with this coat every night. I think it may be the weirdest security thing I have seen a child use. I really should go to the fabric store and buy her some more satin and make something different and save this coat. I have even begged her to let me cut the coat and turn into into a blanket, but she refuses every time! 


DSC_0193


Finally after the kids went to bed I sat upstairs and sewed. I had this quilt top almost all together and realized it was not right due to me being lazy and not squaring up the blocks. So, I sat down during a snowstorm and ripped it all out and redid it. Now, I am putting it back together again. I am almost halfway done! I can't wait to finish it. 


DSC_0200

2 comments:

  1. Love these photos and how they captured your day. Love the edits too:) I wish I could sew! I'm very jealous of your quilt making. It looks so beautiful! Wonderful job this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jessica, if you are ever in Michigan long enough I would love to take time and show you:) It is actually really easy. If you are really wanting to do it, look up your local quilt store. Many times they offer beginner classes for very cheap! There are also some great easy beginner books. I love quilting. It is so relaxing for me:)

      Delete