Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Christmas Magic

We finally took care of some of the "hoarder" elements of the downstairs this weekend and began decorating. When I say we I mean Anthony and the kids. I had to take it easy this weekend after doing too much all week. I am so thankful they all jumped in and did some much needed house chores I just have not had the energy to get to. The house may still look a bit like a mess, but it is improving. We found a place for the tree and put up a few decorations so that part is wonderful. I felt a lot better after that. 


Decorating this year may have been the easiest yet. The kids could be handed things and they put them where they needed to go. They loved it. Only one thing was broken and that was by dad, but that is ok. We did have a few meltdowns, but compared to past years I would say it was a lot easier and took a lot less time. Next year may be a different story with two babies:) Regardless there is something so magical about watching the tree being put up through children's eyes. They just bring out the joy and wonder of Christmas. 




DSC_5717DSC_5719DSC_5721DSC_5724DSC_5728DSC_5741DSC_5742DSC_5746DSC_5760DSC_5777

I have no idea how I will fit two babies into this scene next year but I am excited for that prospect. Now if I could just keep their hands off the tree everyday. We may have to have a night of touching like I usually do and then off limits again.

Let the Christmas music play on continuous and let us enjoy lots of hot chocolate and snuggles around the tree. It really is the most magical time of year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment