Friday, February 17, 2017

Bring on the Comfort

If you follow me on Instagram you may have seen a post about blogging some women's pants today. Change of plans. I just do not have time to photograph them and do it justice this week. I had to do a quick shoot with Eli and Lilliana for their coming bdays. I also have been trying so hard to keep the best schedule for school we have ever had since the babies were born. It actually has been amazing and my days have been wonderful. It is supposed to be so nice and warm this weekend so I can get outside to photograph items. As long as I am not testing a new women's shirt pattern I will be having a blog post just on women's clothes and patterns. 


These pants I had planned to include in the post. Eli and Ari frequently ask me to sew for them. The truth is, finding boy fabric just is not as fun. That being said, I found this amazing camo fabric right before Christmas. It came from my all time favorite fabric shop. I buy 98% of my fabric from them. I hate to tell you where, because if I am being honest they are growing so quickly I am going to have to compete for fabric and I hate that!! The pattern is FREE it is from Elegance and Elephants. You can find it here.

DSC_4678



Now for the fabric. My all time favorite fabric shop is So Sew English. Amanda the owner loves soft fabric and I can honestly say I have not bought a single thing that is not soft. If you follow the craze of Lularoe you know their leggings are very soft. They are made out of double brushed poly. They really are fabulous. I am not knocking anybody that sales them (chances are I may have bought an item or two), but I have found their double brushed poly does not hold up well. I have two pair of leggings. They began pilling basically as soon as I wore them. I have made two shirts and a cardigan out of fabric from So Sew English and no peeling or issues whatsoever and I have washed them more. I also find the patterns much more appealing, but hey I love floral and so do the So Sew English ladies. I have found double brushed poly is not my favorite it is FRENCH TERRY!! Amanda stocks rayon spandex french terry and it is to die for. Seriously Ari's response when he put them on was that they were the softest pants ever!

When I first learned of So Sew English the wait time for fabric was a month (Current wait time is 10-14 days.) They were that backed up with orders. I stuck with them though because of their customer service and how amazing I saw them treat their customers. I first hand saw this myself. I had ordered some white knit sweatshirt fleece. Crazy me bought 3 yards. It was on sale, and I do love it. I just don't know why I bought 3 in white other than that was the only color way. There was a hole and run in one yard. So they sent me two entirely new yards no questions asked, but shoved in the box (they can shove boxes with so much fabric to save on shipping too) was an olive green colorway. The softest sweatshirt fleece ever plus knit! I can't wear olive around my face, so I made myself some bottoms. More on those later. With the leftovers I made these for Eli. The pattern is the same as Ari's. I also added knee patches, because Eli blows out his knees in a matter of weeks.





DSC_4293

Since we are talking about comfort I am replacing my pants post with this adorable romper. I have had these photographed and ready to use. Today seems like the perfect day. Brindille and Twig is the perfect pattern company for the modern sewing mama who loves adorable and functional things for her babies. All the patterns are so cute. Grab some black and white cotton lycra and you have the making of many Zulilly worthy outfits. I promise you can make them in half the cost. If you are like me you grab the floral french terry from So Sew English and sew some up for the girls. The pattern is the Harem Coverall 097 . It boasts NO SNAPS!! This right here is my FAVORITE aspect with twins. It literally slips down over the shoulders. I added elastic, but that is not necessary. With two I hate snaps especially now that they are mobile. The pattern is so quick and easy it is wonderful. I sewed these including cutting in a day with many interruptions all day. I took these two months ago. They have changed even so much since then. These rompers still fit and will fit into spring which is what I planned. For summer I plan to make a few sleeveless with shorts option or purchase the adorable summer romper. Either way this pattern is versatile and a favorite. My sister will be getting some of these for her coming baby. She might be sick of me sending them, as I LOVE making this pattern. 



DSC_4236DSC_4248DSC_4255


If I haven't convinced you enough So Sew English is having sale every day on a new fabric type or color. They are celebrating 13,000 members in their facebook group. I am on  fabric ban going on two months (self imposed as for some reason you have to buy thread, needles, and other notions for all that fabric). It has been really hard not to buy all the fabric. Thankfully next month my budget will allow for more fabric. So go join the group and buy all the pretty fabric since I can't! 

No comments:

Post a Comment