We have been told it was going to be easy going from two to three by several people but also heard it was difficult. At this stage in the game I am saying it is difficult. I know a lot of it has to do with hormones and how I feel. I am still very sore and not feeling the best. I bounced back after Lilliana's labor very quickly. I won't even try to compare Eli's with any of this as I had lots of time to do nothing with only a newborn and had major surgery. This time I am struggling to bounce back it seems. I am really really trying to rest. The problem is I am on stair climbing restrictions so I don't have many peaceful places I can go in the house without the kids being around. I love them dearly but they are crazy at times.
![]() |
| Yes, I am really that tired and feel that horrible! |
I also am really struggling to shut my mind off. Normally we would wait to see his Dr. until another week as my midwives do checks and things. Unfortunately he needs to be seen for a couple things as soon as possible. The one thing being possible tongue tie. That is a quick easy fix. The other is for hypospadia. I am not going to go into details but you can look it up on your own. It might involve a possible future surgery and it is really really bothering me. Coupled with just being overwhelmed and all the post partum stuff today will probably be the most trying day. I don't want to have to go anywhere as walking is still a struggle but to the Dr. we go. Thank goodness for my wonderful husband all his help this week.
He has been wonderful! He even did Lilliana's hair yesterday. It may not have been perfect but watching them do it together and playing was so cute.
Eli and Lilliana are both in Love with him. Eli asks to hold him all the time. Lilliana wants to sit with us whenever we have him. She "talks" to him and looks at all his toes, fingers, and touches his head. It is really cute.
At this point he is really a good baby. He is between as far as Eli and Lilliana go. Eli was my crazy active nurse every 2 hours kind of kid. Lilliana was calm laid back nurse every 4-5 hours nothing phased her. He is pretty laid back as of now. Nursing is a bit challenging right now but we are getting the hang of it. He is only 3 days old and these things take time.
He and I enjoy time upstairs during the early morning. I try to go upstairs and sleep towards the end of the night and spend the time there as I am allowed limited trips. I got a smile out of him yesterday. It pretty much melted my heart.
![]() |
| Smile |
He also got some sun yesterday. He has been pretty much wanting to be swaddled 99% of the time but I wanted to give him some sunlight. I braved it and unswaddled him and let him enjoy the sun and light. He really did enjoy it and was so alert and looking everywhere.
Needless to say he has stolen our hearts!
I am dying to pose him and take some newborn photos of him. It it is taking a lot for me to refrain as I know it is work and I NEED to rest. I am hoping I will get to it this following weekend. We hired a newborn photographer just in case I did not feel up to it. Although as a photographer there is no way I won't take a few. Hopefully I bounce back soon.
The hardest thing at this point is juggling all three of the kids and making sure they all get some of me time all the while learning his personality. We will get there. I just have to keep reminding myself because right now it is scary and overwhelming. Many moments I have questioned my SANITY! Thankfully I have the best supporting husband who keeps reminding me it will all be ok! He is right.
I think getting his Dr. appointment out of the way today will help me feel some relief. We also get to see Anthony's brother as he is home on leave for a few days. It will be a busy day and then just rest and relaxation for the rest of the week!
I think getting his Dr. appointment out of the way today will help me feel some relief. We also get to see Anthony's brother as he is home on leave for a few days. It will be a busy day and then just rest and relaxation for the rest of the week!



































I'm sorry you have to go to the dr and can't just rest. I hope his issues get resolved and it doesn't inhibit his nursing or anything.
ReplyDelete